Language: English
English


Sprache: Deutsch
German

Cruise Line Weissenseeschifffahrt

History

Schifffahrt, Geschichte, Weissensee Schifffahrt, Geschichte, Weissensee Schifffahrt, Geschichte, Weissensee Schifffahrt, Geschichte, Weissensee Schifffahrt, Geschichte, Weissensee Schifffahrt, Geschichte, Weissensee Schifffahrt, Geschichte, Weissensee

Die Geschichte der Weissensee-Schifffahrt

Maria Winkler and her brother Christian Müller founded the company in 1929.

Until the beginning of World War II the first ship, motorboat Klara for 12 people, operated on Lake Weissensee.

In 1930, the flotilla was amplified by the motorboat Möwe. This boat has been operating for over 75 years.

In 1936, the ship Olympia, with a capacity of 30 people, became operational, but its use was interrupted between 1940 and 1951 due to World War II.

In 1956, the ship Hubertus, suitable for 60 people, joined the flotilla. Soon after, in 1958, the ship Falke, with a capacity of 33 people was added to the flotilla, and in 1962, the ship Freya, with a capacity of 72 peoplem became part of the team as well.

In 1968, the MV Dobra, able to hold 44 people set sail for the first time. In the same year, the ship Hubertus chaught fire and was therefore replaced in 1969 by the MV Poto holding 60 people.

As a consequence of increasing tourism, the ship Weissensee was made operational in 1989, followed by the ship Kärnten in 1989. In 1987 the flotilla was completed with the ship Austria.

Due to an enlargement of the Weissensee in 1989, the ship now has a capacity for 166 people.

Familie Hans Winkler | Techendorf 51 | A-9762 Weissensee, Carinthia, Austria | Phone +43 4713 2267 | www.techendorf.at | Enquiry | Masthead